Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manw1nder
Contributor
Contributor

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

We have a Qlik task created under Qlik Replicate to pull the data from Oracle database/tables and then push to Snowflake. The task pulls the data if the size/record count in source table is less than 4 million. But if number of records in source (oracle table) are more than 5 million, after pulling roughly 4.5 million or so records counts, the task through an error in logs ( ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel Process ID: 24893 Session ID: 545 Serial number: 31072 ) and then restart again from the very first records in the "Loading" mode. 

Are there any settings in Qlik Replicate task where if it lost connection with Oracle/source server, when job resume, it starts pulling records where it left/fail last time?

The task keeps failing and stated reloading the data but never finishes up.

Thanks in advance for any help/solution.

Regards,

Manwinder Singh 

3 Replies
Dineshan
Support
Support

Hello @manw1nder,

I found this article below. Let me know if this helps.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Replicate-ORA-03113-Error/ta-p/1872295

Thank you,

Dinesh

manw1nder
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for prompt response. Before posting my question, I've already looked/searched this article but unfortunately, this does not provide a solution for my situation. I need to know if there are any settings in the Qlik task so when job fails due to communication or network lost connection, it resume from where it failed. For example, it the task have already fetched 4.5 million rows of data, then when resume/or when connection reestablished, it pulls the remaining records. Hope it make sense.

Manwinder

Michael_Litz
Support
Support

Hi Manwinder,

If the task is in the Full Load phase and there is a failure the task can not continue where it stopped. It will need to restart the load of the table from the beginning.

Thanks,
Michael