Qlik Community

Qlik Replicate

Discussion board for collaboration on Qlik Replicate.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2022, LIVE in Denver CO., May 16-19, 2022. REGISTER NOW TO RECEIVE EARLY BIRD PRICING
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benkku
Partner
Partner

Ordering table columns in Qlik Replicate

Hi!

When copying  a table in Qlik Replicate, is there a way to decide in which order the columns shall appear in the target database?

For example, I have added the column full_name and I would like to locate it just after the column last_name.

community_forum_1.png

Thanks,

Bernardo Di Chiara

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Benkku ,

If the target database is relational database eg Oracle, SQL Server etc, the order of the columns is meaningless because the DB itself will use optimized way to store the columns, eg fix length columns first then various length columns, simple structured type columns prior to unstructured type eg LOB columns etc. And all the apps who access the RDBs do not care about the columns order too.

If your target is non-RDB eg file type endpoints then we may control it. See my comment in article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Replicate/File-Target-Endpoint-explicit-control-of-column-sequenc...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Benkku ,

If the target database is relational database eg Oracle, SQL Server etc, the order of the columns is meaningless because the DB itself will use optimized way to store the columns, eg fix length columns first then various length columns, simple structured type columns prior to unstructured type eg LOB columns etc. And all the apps who access the RDBs do not care about the columns order too.

If your target is non-RDB eg file type endpoints then we may control it. See my comment in article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Replicate/File-Target-Endpoint-explicit-control-of-column-sequenc...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

View solution in original post

Benkku
Partner
Partner
Author

Hi John!

Thanks for your answer!

Good hint! However, once you have to remove all the columns from the output list in the Transform window, I guess you can simply insert them back in the wished order even by using the original column name in the name field.

Still, this method might be not practical when you have  a huge amount of columns.

Best Regards,

Bernardo

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Benkku ,

You are right, it's a time consumed job to adjust the columns order in GUI but I think it's the best way. 

Regards,

John.