Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pranita123
Partner - Contributor III

Pk handling in Oracle19c

Hi Community,

I'm currently working with Oracle 19c as a source, and I've some tables without primary keys. Need to configure a task for a full load with Change Data Capture (CDC). How should I proceed in managing the absence of primary keys in this scenario? Your guidance on handling this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Pranita 

Labels (3)
13 Replies
Pranita123
Author

Hii @john_wang,

Thanks for response,

One more question If an update is required in the details logs, how can the replicate apply the delete without the details logs? Delete is also happening and is reflected at the target end as well.

Regards,

Pranita

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Pranita123 ,

I guess I did not get the question well however Qlik Replicate retrieves both REDO and UNDO entries from Oracle redo log files to make both BeforeImage and AfterImage are obtained to make sure the data integration.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
SushilKumar
Support
Support

hello @Pranita123 

It is always advised to have PK for the tables which are going to take part in Replication by a tool which extract SQL from Transactions logs. 

As any replication tools require additional information to locate rows and columns on the target Side.

in case of oracle Supplemental logging do this. however, having PK is charry on cake. it mitigates the risk of data mismatch and make DML faster on target endpoint.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar 

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @Pranita123 

More elaborative information about having primary keys 

Primary keys in Qlik Replication are critical for ensuring faster replication performance. By defining a primary key on the table being replicated, the replication process can ensure data integrity, enforce referential integrity, and maintain consistency between the source and the target databases. Additionally, primary key indexing can also help improve the performance of the replication process by speeding up the retrieval of data from the source and target databases. Therefore, it is important to carefully design primary keys when implementing Qlik Replication to optimize the replication performance.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar