cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allann
Contributor III
Contributor III

PostgreSQL connection error

We're trying to connect to a PostgreSQL source but running in to an error.

postgresql error.png

I tried installing Postgres 10 and 12 after seeing this suggestion: Replicate 7.0 PostgreSQL Source prerequisites - Qlik Community - 1791782

I also made sure the prereqs were followed: Prerequisites ‒ Qlik Replicate but not sure if editing pg_hba was correct. Is trust right?

pg_hba error.png

Does anyone have other suggestions?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @allann ,

I see your Replicate server is on windows and arep_login.sh is a Linux file.

I reviewed your ODBCINST text and I see you installed a 32-bit drivers instead of 64-bit driver.

You have to uninstall all the existing Postgres drivers and follow the below user guide link for your reference:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2021/Content/Replicate/Main/PostgreSQL/prereq_postgres...

Client side

• Qlik Replicate Server for Windows:

PostgreSQL ODBC Driver psqlodbc_12_02_0000-x64 only must be installed on the Qlik Replicate machine.

Information note

Make sure that the psql.exe path (e.g. "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\1202\bin") is added to the system PATH.

Thanks,

Swathi

View solution in original post

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@allann

1. see what is stated in user guide :

You have to uninstall all the existing Postgres drivers and follow the below user guide link for your reference:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2021/Content/Replicate/Main/PostgreSQL/prereq_postgres...

Client side

Qlik Replicate Server for Windows:

PostgreSQL ODBC Driver psqlodbc_12_02_0000-x64 only must be installed on the Qlik Replicate machine.

Information note

Make sure that the psql.exe path (e.g. "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\1202\bin") is added to the system PATH.

2. you would then need to stop and restart the Replicate server service.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @allann ,

Seems like you didn't set up the Postgres driver correctly.

Please share the odbcinst.ini  and arep_login.sh file or you can create a case.

Thanks,

Swathi

allann
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I see. Here's the ini file but I cannot locate the sh file.

SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @allann ,

I see your Replicate server is on windows and arep_login.sh is a Linux file.

I reviewed your ODBCINST text and I see you installed a 32-bit drivers instead of 64-bit driver.

Client side

• Qlik Replicate Server for Windows:

PostgreSQL ODBC Driver psqlodbc_12_02_0000-x64 only must be installed on the Qlik Replicate machine.

Information note

Thanks,

Swathi

allann
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We downloaded the 64 bit drivers but as you saw on the ODBCINST file, it shows as 32. I'm not sure what's going on.

Also, as the prerequisites show PostgreSQL 12, does it matter if the source databases are older versions?

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@allann

1. see what is stated in user guide :

Client side

Qlik Replicate Server for Windows:

PostgreSQL ODBC Driver psqlodbc_12_02_0000-x64 only must be installed on the Qlik Replicate machine.

Information note

2. you would then need to stop and restart the Replicate server service.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!