Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dineshkumarl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Replicate | Upgrade to higher version

Hi All,

I need information on upgrading Qlik Replicate from lower version to latest version. Currently I have HA setup architecture. Both are of same version; I am planning to upgrade secondary node first.

1. Do have to configure HA again post upgrading to latest version (primary and secondary) or will it work as usual post upgrade?

2. Will there be any conflict between versions, as primary will be on lower version and secondary on higher for some time until its upgraded?

3. Will there be any switch over issue from primary to secondary due to version mismatch?

Kindly let me know if any more details are required and assist me with above concerns 

Thanks

Labels (3)
3 Replies
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @dineshkumarl 

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik via Qlik Community Support page. For upgrade request you to follow instruction in the Qlik help doc.

Installing or upgrading Qlik Replicate on Windows | Qlik Replicate Help

We would request you to Upgrade node in same window. AS you are using HA only DATA folder is Shared between the Participating nodes.  During the upgrade file *. SQLite and Replicate service initiation got upgraded too, if your upgrade to newer version Qlik Replicate binary then they may work Without issue. However, if you access those files Via OLDER version Qlik Replicate binary then they keep asking you to upgrade or show mismatch between node 1 and node 2.

Sometimes newer version requires to upgrade to latest version clients or ODBC. which are needed to take into consideration before upgrade planning. 

Request you to test it in lower environment and engage Support with logs for more help on to it.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

Jon_Donker
Creator
Creator

We have performed a couple of upgrades on Windows HLA environments.  As safety we stop the QR jobs during the upgrade of both active and passive nodes and resume them once the upgrade is done. 

We also back up the QR folder for backout safekeeping.

Other than that - it is pretty easy; the HLA config (in our environment anyway) doesn't need any changes except for one version change when the QR service was renamed in the upgrade.

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @dineshkumarl ,

Please note that if your Replicate version is too old, direct upgrade may not be supported. I've copied the content from the May 2024 release notes and paste it as shown below:

Migration and upgrade

This section describes the issues that you may encounter when upgrading/migrating to the new version.

Upgrade paths

Qlik supports four Replicate versions (including this one).

Direct upgrade is supported from the last two versions only (including any service releases for those versions). The last two versions are Replicate May 2023 SR and Replicate November 2023 SR.

Upgrading from Replicate April 2020 (6.6)

If you are upgrading from Replicate April 2020 (6.6), you need to perform the following upgrades:

1. Upgrade to Replicate November 2020 (7.0).
  2. Upgrade to Replicate November 2021.
  3. Upgrade to Replicate November 2022.
  4. Upgrade to Replicate May 2023 SR.
  5. Upgrade to Replicate May 2024.

Upgrading from unsupported versions

If you are upgrading from Replicate 6.x (starting from 6.3), you need to perform the following upgrades:

1. Upgrade to Replicate 6.5.
  2. Upgrade to Replicate November 2020 (7.0).
  3. Upgrade to Replicate November 2021.
  4. Upgrade to Replicate November 2022.
  5. Upgrade to Replicate May 2023 SR.
  6. Upgrade to Replicate May 2024.

Note: If you are upgrading from Replicate 5.5, please contact Qlik Support.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!