Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sivanathp
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikReplicate is truncating/removing the decimals to .00 when replicating from oracle data source

QlikReplicate is truncating/removing the decimals to .00 when replicating from oracle data source with number(15,2) column to target source singlestore database with  decimal(15,2) column

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @sivanathp 

Try changing the source Oracle endpoint setting "Expose NUMBER as:" to VARCHAR

Dana_Baldwin_0-1709767220456.png

It's on the advanced tab of the endpoint.

The value will be cast back to the correct data type when being applied to the target.

The task will need to be stopped & resumed before this change takes effect as endpoints are only read & processed during task startup.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Dana

If this helped to resolve the issue, please mark it as a solution & like it to make it easier for others to find.
Thanks in advance!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @sivanathp 

Try changing the source Oracle endpoint setting "Expose NUMBER as:" to VARCHAR

Dana_Baldwin_0-1709767220456.png

It's on the advanced tab of the endpoint.

The value will be cast back to the correct data type when being applied to the target.

The task will need to be stopped & resumed before this change takes effect as endpoints are only read & processed during task startup.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Dana

If this helped to resolve the issue, please mark it as a solution & like it to make it easier for others to find.
Thanks in advance!

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @sivanathp ,

I’ve conducted a test using MySQL as the target database and observed no truncation in my numbers. I recommend creating a support ticket for further investigation.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @sivanathp ,

Totally agree with @DesmondWOO , the problem cannot be reproduced in our internal labs. Oracle table replicated to memsql , datatype number(15,2) works fine for me.

In Oracle source side:

create table testnum (id integer not null primary key,name char(20), mem number(15,2));

insert into testnum values (3,'CDC',22.22);

In memsql target side:

john_wang_0-1709863765148.png

The id=2 is Full Load result. id=3 is CDC result. Nothing special settings in the task and endpoints.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
sivanathp
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Dana