Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benrie
Contributor II
Contributor II

Replicate quits pulling from iSeries journal after a couple hours of running.

The company I work for recently installed Replicate and I am trying to figure out why it quits processing the changes after a few hours of running.  We are replicating the data from an iSeries with journaling to SQL Server.  I reload all tables within the task successfully and the task is in run status.  It picks up changes for a few hours during the day but then all of a sudden stops.  The logs don't show anything unusual happening and basically just state the task is running every 10 minutes.

Labels (2)
10 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @amit-lamba-ns ,

If I understood correctly, @Barb_Fill21 means "heartbeat table" a regular table (Physical File) in AS400, this table will be included into the same Replicate task, as same as other end users table(s). In spite of other table(s) have change record or not, the "heartbeat table" record is kept changing always. You may define the table with a single column only and the column records the current timestamp, the time will be updated every 5 minutes. The "heartbeat table" in generally is used to prevent the connection idle timeout issues.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!