cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desmondchew
Creator III
Creator III

Snowflake connector not visible after installing

I have installed the snowflake driver into Qlik Replicate server running on Windows 2019 Standard. Our Qlik replicate version is May 2021 (2021.5.0.1272).

However when I click on new endpoint connection, under type, I could not find Snowflake. However this is visible in another Qlik Replicate non production where we are running on version November 2022 (2022.11.0.394).

Please advise.

Thank you.
Desmond

Labels (1)
4 Replies
desmondchew
Creator III
Creator III
Author

My bad. The Snowflake is visible under Target but not Source which is good.

We can close this ticket.

Thank you.
Des

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @desmondchew ,

Thanks for reaching out. You may delete the article from your side I think.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
desmondchew
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi John,

There's no option for me to remove my post.

By the way, it seems strange why the snowflake connector only appears at the target but not the source? Shouldn't it appear in both sources?

Desmond

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @desmondchew ,

Thanks for your update.

Not all databases are supported as both source and target endpoints. Some of them can be source endpoint only, some of them can be target endpoint only, and many databases can be both. While Snowflake, is one of Supported target endpoints but not a Supported source endpoints in current Replicate versions.

As there is no native endpoint to support Snowflake as source yet, an alternative is using ODBC or ODBC with CDC, for example Using ODBC to connect to a source. however please take note there are few limitations considered while use ODBC as source or target endpoint:

The ODBC source endpoint can be used to access sources that are not included in Qlik Replicate’s extensive Support Matrix. However, unless enabled through Professional Services and approved by your Account Manager, the ODBC source endpoint should not be used. Additionally, the ODBC source endpoint should not be used to access any sources already listed in the Support Matrix.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!