cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sreehari
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Stream component 'st_0_transaction_sorter' terminated

Hi team, I've received the below mentioned error message from CDC tasks which I'm running. Can you give more details on this error.ErrorError 

Labels (3)
5 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Sreehari ,

Would you please check

1. if the file exsits? the default folder on Windows is C:\Program Files\Attunity\Replicate\data\tasks\<taskName>\sorter

2. if there is free disk spaces in the DATA folder drive?

thanks,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Sreehari
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @john_wang, for your information the task is currently in running state,

1) I can't find the file in sorter. 

2) Also, I have enough space on the drive 

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @Sreehari ,

Replicate creates sorter files for storing transactions which are offloaded from the memory. Did you restart the task after receiving the error message? You may check the task log whether Replicate recreated the sorter file after error occurred. 

For further investigation, I would suggest creating a support ticket with a diagnostic package and task log files.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Sreehari ,

Thanks for the update.

It looks like some swap files are missing. I'd like to suggest:

1. Check task log file to understand why .tswap files are not there;

2. Check Windows event viewer (if Replicate running on Windows) or Linux system log (If Replicate sites on Linux) and see if any clue, or if the space ever been full;

3. Use the advanced run options to start your task from an SCN/LSN if you know it, or from a previous timestamp before the error occurred (if you do not know the exact SCN/LSN), or reload the task (if SCN/LSN or timestamp are not known, or the transaction logs are not available);

4. Setup resource notification to make sure Qlik Replicate notify DBA whenever there is resource shortages in the future.

Hope this helps.

John.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Sreehari ,

Thanks for the update.

It looks like some swap files are missing. I'd like to suggest:

1. Check task log file to understand why .tswap files are not there;

2. Check Windows event viewer (if Replicate running on Windows) or Linux system log (If Replicate sites on Linux) and see if any clue, or if the space ever been full;

3. Use the advanced run options to start your task from an SCN/LSN if you know it, or from a previous timestamp before the error occurred (if you do not know the exact SCN/LSN), or reload the task (if SCN/LSN or timestamp are not known, or the transaction logs are not available);

4. Setup resource notification to make sure Qlik Replicate notify DBA whenever there is resource shortages in the future.

Hope this helps.

John.