Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akaradhya
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Triggering stored procedure: Qlik Replicate

Hi Team, 

I am working with a prospect who has a use case around triggering stored procedures from Qlik replicate. 

Below is the business case around triggering the stored procedures - We have 2 DBs as our source.

When a new record is inserted into the table in 2nd DB in source, in addition to replicating the inserted row to target, the custom procedure must be triggered.

·This procedure based on the values of the attributes of the record being inserted, will aggregate/accumulate the details of the inserted record into one of the table in the target.  There are about 15 tables in target and the inserted record may get aggregated to one of the 15 tables.

· These tables are not part of replication from source.

·Similarly, when a row is deleted from 2nd DB in source, a different custom procedure must be triggered.

·This procedure will adjust the aggregated details in one of the 15 tables due to deletion of a record.\

While I understand triggering stored procedures from Replicate is not possible at the moment - Is there a way we can query the control tables from the target to understand the DML performed on the incoming records and then trigger stored procedure accordingly. 

Kindly suggest any other approach. Thank you!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @akaradhya ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

In my opinion, implementing complex logic in Qlik Replicate is not advisable. Instead, I suggest considering the following options:

1. Implement the logic and triggers in the target database tables; or
  2. Utilize your own program to handle the logic for each row of data, including both Full Load and Change Processing. This can be done using a User-Defined Table Function (UDTF) as an example.

Additionally, I recommend considering a Professional Services (PS) engagement (fee-based) to help move the case forward if necessary.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @akaradhya ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

In my opinion, implementing complex logic in Qlik Replicate is not advisable. Instead, I suggest considering the following options:

1. Implement the logic and triggers in the target database tables; or
  2. Utilize your own program to handle the logic for each row of data, including both Full Load and Change Processing. This can be done using a User-Defined Table Function (UDTF) as an example.

Additionally, I recommend considering a Professional Services (PS) engagement (fee-based) to help move the case forward if necessary.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!