Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Antony_05
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unable to resume the task from a particular timestamp even the Logs has a retention of 14 days

Hi Team,

I'm using source as MSSQL and target as Logstream. In the source DB, we have a log retention of 14days but the issue is if I'm trying to resume it from past 5 days using timestamp in Advanced run option. Its resuming only with 2-5 hours from that point and its not resuming from the timestamp that I have mentioned.

Can you please suggest me a solution for this issue.?

Thanks and Regards,

Antony S

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Arun_Arasu
Support
Support

Hi Anthony,

We noticed your statement that there is a log retention of 14days, but can you please verify and confirm if the physical files are available

Note : When logs are deleted from the database (e.g. due to a purge policy),
a log matching the specified date and time may not exist.
In this case, Replicate will resume the task from the earliest point possible, after the specified date and time.

Thanks & Regards,
Arun

Michael_Litz
Support
Support

Hi Anthony,

Is it possible that the source transaction log was reset or flushed so that it only has records from a couple of hours ago?

Thanks,
Michael

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @Antony_05 

Another thing to be aware of, is that the timestamp you use to start the task is in the timezone of the browser you are using, and not the timezone of the Replicate server or the source database. Please take this into account when starting from timestamp.

Thanks,

Dana

Antony_05
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Arun_Arasu 

The files are available, The backup team is only taking the copy of the log file and they are not truncating it from the location.

And as of I can see the advanced run option is resume the task with the online transaction logs only its not reading the file from the backup.

Is there anything that we need to do to read the backup logs ?

Thanks and Regards,

Antony S

Antony_05
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Michael_Litz 

No its not reset or flushed.

Regards,

Antony S

SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @Antony_05 ,

If you decide to read from only backup logs then choose the direct reader option, so replicate directly reads from .trn which will provide the best performance compared with .trn read by SQL server.

SachinB_0-1659339458459.png

Replicate has file-level access to the backup log files: Select this option if Qlik Replicate has been granted file-level access to the backup log files in the Alternate backup folder.

Kindly refer to below link for the same.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2022/Content/Replicate/Main/SQL%20Server/SQLServerDBSource_...

Regards,
Sachin 

SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @Antony_05 ,

If you want to have less latency and want to utilize the backups when required then you have to select the Prioritize Online Logs option.

SwathiPulagam_0-1659353636972.png

If the Replicate user has access to the Backups log location then you can go with the Alternate backup folder option as well.

Thanks,

Swathi

Antony_05
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @SwathiPulagam  and @SachinB ,

Thanks for you inputs, Let me try this options.

Thanks and Regards,

Antony S