Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GT_SrDBA
Contributor II
Contributor II

Work around for Replicate Alert failure - Alerts don't turnoff

Good morning.

I am curious to see how others work around the Alerts not turning off.  We have patching and other times, when we know servers will be rebooted.  We know ahead of time, we will have to stop tasks.  When we go into the replicate to turn off alerts, we still have emails firing.

To make the alerts stop, you uncheck the alerts.  Then you need to restart the service in which case, you get a lot of task stopped errors. 

Does anyone else have this issue where when you need to stop the alerts and they won't stop?  What work around do you use? 

We have a lot of tasks.  When the alerts keep firing because of an error or tasks have stopped, it fills up our team member's inboxes.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
PGN
Creator II
Creator II

We have similar situations. We have our alerts set to only go to the event viewer on the server, from there we trigger alerts to go to email, our incident management system, etc. If we know about a scheduled maint time, we just disable the alerting in the Event Monitor.
GT_SrDBA
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Trigger emails from event viewer. 

Now that is a thought.  I'm not sure how to do that, but I will check it out.  For certain tasks that require immediate action, I send alerts to PagerDuty to get the on call DBA.  However, for the other incidents/task, I sent out email alerts.

I will check out alerting from event viewer.

Thank you.

Thanks.

lyka
Support
Support

Hello,

Changes to notification settings will not affect running tasks. SO you need to stop/resume the task so that the changes will take effect. This is noted in the Replicate User Guide.

Thanks

Lyka

GT_SrDBA
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

When we have patching, we would like to stop the alerts from going out when the tasks stopped.

That is why we would like to turn off the alerts.  If we have to stop and resume the alerts to save the notifications, then our inbox still gets flooded with email alerts.

This doesn't appear to be a solution.

lyka
Support
Support

Hello,

I dont think there is a way to do this - please submit a feature request thru Ideation.

Thanks,

lyka