Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nabeelaslam1994
Creator
Creator

Writing data from Oracle DB to IBM DB2 for iSeries

Hello Team,

I have a requirement where I need to copy data from oracle database to db2 iseries. And the data needs to be written to a VIEW in db2 database. Is there a way to achieve that using Qlik replicate? Please guide.

Thanks

Nabeel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @nabeelaslam1994 ,

VIEW's behavior varies between different databases. In some databases it's read-write, in some it's read-only. In your scenario, IBM DB2 for iSeries, simple view is read-write however Qlik Replicate does not recognize it. This is by design. The only option is using TABLE (PF) as target and create VIEW (LF) based on the PF.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @nabeelaslam1994 ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

In general, NO, however please allow me some time, I'd like to confirm for you. Will get back to you shortly.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @nabeelaslam1994 ,

VIEW's behavior varies between different databases. In some databases it's read-write, in some it's read-only. In your scenario, IBM DB2 for iSeries, simple view is read-write however Qlik Replicate does not recognize it. This is by design. The only option is using TABLE (PF) as target and create VIEW (LF) based on the PF.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.