cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjoshua52
Contributor
Contributor

untranslatable characters SQL to TD

I have a replicate that is from a LogStream (SQL Server) to Teradata that is getting a 6706 error in TD with untranslatable characters. It is next to hear impossible for me to go through a 240+million row table to figure out all of the characters and was hoping someone has a better way or a list of unicode characters I should substitue.

Thanks,

Josh

Labels (2)
3 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @tjoshua52 ,

There are many reasons may lead error 6706 for example your source data contains double-bytes chars (in this case you need change the field to CHARACTER SET UNICODE), or there is some rare chars which is not accept by Teradata by default (in this case you need modify the TD setting "AcceptReplacementCharacters = TRUE"). Anyway you need to know what's the exact reason leads the error.  Simply substitute all such chars may leads other potential issues eg PK violation (if such chars were part of the PK) or partial data losses (in fact it's meaningful chars).

You can check the error table (E0/E1/E2) and log table (L0) in Teradata dabase to help to determine which chars lead error.

If you know which chars lead the error then you can use "Substituting or Deleting Source Characters Unsupported by the Selected Character Set", detailed usage can be found in user guide.

If you still have not clue to solve the problem then I'd like suggest you create a support ticket in Salesforce and get support team help to fix the issue.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
MiriamPreciado
Contributor
Contributor

MiriamPreciado
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @tjoshua52:

If you have not yet found a resolution, you may want to check out https://techsupport.teradata.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=33bdc6961b7b5810356262ca234b...where you may get further assistance if needed.