Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John-SSI
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add Excel objects

Hi all,

Is there a possibility to add a piechart in the excel-template that then can show the data in the report?

The data in the report can be more and less rows from day to day.
Or should i build an table that's is calculated.

The data from  Qlik is:

ServiceArea Cause1 AllWo
4 Control 1
7 Control 1
3 Electrical 1
4 Electrical 1
1 IT/WAMAS 1
2 IT/WAMAS 2
1 Mechanical 2
2 Mechanical 4
4 Mechanical 1
5 Mechanical 14
10 Mechanical 3
4 Product 2
5 Product 1
1 Unit Load 2
4 Unit Load 1
1 - 4
2 - 2
5 - 3

And if i use chartguide in Excel it transforn to this:

JohnSSI_0-1704893968286.png

And the result is this:

JohnSSI_1-1704894007186.png

Is this possible?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

I think you are trying to do something like this 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/excel-add-in-n... 

but with a native excel chart.  

If you follow the initial steps here (but use a pie chart) it should work.  Please note the recommended practice is to have the Qlik sourced straight table in a sheet (likely hidden sheet or maybe at the end of your workbook) and have the native object in a different sheet.  

thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz for guiding this post

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@John-SSI If that is Donut and pie chart, we can do. If you look the orientation in the same way how you want. It is not that flexible with native just yet in on-premise.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @John-SSI 

The best way to achieve this would be to create a table in Qlik Sense with data aggregated to the level you require in your pie chart and then use that table data in sheet and add the chart based on it.

Yes - you could use pivot chart functionality too, but I am not a fan of it.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
John-SSI
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yeah, great. I will try. And if the data have more or less rows from day to day , the reporttemplate can handle this?

John-SSI
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hm, the Excel reports seems not to support pivot from Qlik Sense.

It looks that im getting the data in a straight table then put it in to the report, then build a pivot in excel, the create a piechart

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well yeah - I was talking about a straight table as that is the best option (similar as in with NPrinting) and if you aggregate data in Qlik Sense to the required level you dont need to do pivot table in Excel, and instead you can build your chat straight off the straight table.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @John-SSI 

I said that I would create Qlik Sense straight table object for use with individual columns. Link you have provided is related to following objects only:

• BoxPlot,
  • Distribution plot,
  • Histogram,
  • AutoChart,
  • Objects containing Calculated columns.
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

I think you are trying to do something like this 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/excel-add-in-n... 

but with a native excel chart.  

If you follow the initial steps here (but use a pie chart) it should work.  Please note the recommended practice is to have the Qlik sourced straight table in a sheet (likely hidden sheet or maybe at the end of your workbook) and have the native object in a different sheet.  

thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz for guiding this post

John-SSI
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Working, thanx 🙂