Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bodo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Conditioning a dimension mixed on an expression and a dimension

Hi all,

I have the following problem in QlikView:

- I created a conditional dimension in an object, which is based on three conditions of other dimensions, what works properly with a simple if(and, and, and) function.

- to finalize my intention, I thougt I need to include another condition on top to the three existing conditions. This last condition is based on an expression which is already included in the same object as a column. This expression has values, but I just want to display the values above X (>=X). If I include the condition as a fourth condition in the if() function, I get an calculation error.

At the moment, I export the object and remove manually the the values below my threshold X. This is what I want to avoid in my final step.

Should I create another separate if() function on top to my existing one in the conditional dimension and combine them with "and", which has a condition on my expresssion to be above the threshold? Or is there any possibility to set a condition on the whole object just to display value of the expression above the threshold?

Thanks a lot for your help!

BR, Bodo

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Or
MVP
MVP

Generally speaking, you can't directly use a measure in a dimension. Measures are calculated per set of dimension members, meaning they can't be calculated until the dimensions are known (otherwise, you'd get into a loop - recalculate dimension, then recalculate measure, ad infinitum).

If you need a dimension that is based on a calculation, you'd typically need to use aggr() to calculate it in a predetermined way.