Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandy10
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create a dual bar chart with line in Qlikview

Hi

I am trying to create a dual bar chart with line as sec axis. Attached the image i want to create. Yellow and Grey bars are # of customers (Total, Enrolled and Active customers)

Line is % of the customer on total customer (ex: 25000/30000=83%)

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sandy10
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Something like this in the expression. If(Sum(FieldValue)>=1000000,Num(Sum(FieldValue)/1000000,'#,##0 M'),Num(Sum(FieldValue)/1000,'#,##0 K')) 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
rubenmarin

Hello, the default combo chart doesn't allows for more than one dimension, you may use some tricks to have all in one dimension but still I don't know how to draw a line that dissappears between each pair of bars and that also separates each pair of bars.

Maybe there is an extension that allows that kind of customization.

Sandy10
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruben. Thanks fpr your reply. My excel is like attached. Basically i want 2 datapoints on the bar (# of customer and also its relevant %) Instead of line, i can display 2 points also. Any way its possible? I cerated Type, Period as 2 dimensions. 

Sandy10
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

SOmeting chart like attached. Till 2 bars is fine, % is where i am struggling. Either can be on top of bar or in bracket also. 

Currently 1 exprssion is used which is # of customers

Sandy10_0-1667985681219.png

rubenmarin

as said before, only one dimension is allowed on combo charts, so I merged both in one, the bars can't be separated in pairs, and the arkers doesn't allow to show values on chart, so I can get to this:

rubenmarin_0-1667987383617.png

Or with a bar chart: (not combo)

rubenmarin_1-1667987539652.png

This is using an expression with value: Dual(Num(Sum([# of Customers]),'0') &' ('&Num(Sum([% of Total customers]),'0%')&')', Sum([# of Customers]))

Sandy10
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruben. The 2nd one using dual the % shld be calculated or is it a manual text value? How was the 1st one created ? Thanks

rubenmarin

Hi, it's calculated, in this case it's the value from excel EN.xls but you can change it to use the needed expression to calculate the %.

Sandy10
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruben/ Thank you. One alst doubt on ths, hwo to display the number in Mns and then %, basically the 1100000 as 1.1 Mn (100%) Something liek this.

Sandy10
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Something like this in the expression. If(Sum(FieldValue)>=1000000,Num(Sum(FieldValue)/1000000,'#,##0 M'),Num(Sum(FieldValue)/1000,'#,##0 K')) 

rubenmarin

Hi, yes, you'll need something like that in the expression.