Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rohan_W
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hide specific measure from specific dimension value in pivot

Hi Team,

We have below requirement where the structure of report should look like this,

Rohan_W_0-1693830155669.png

There are 3 measures in total wherein 2 measures(Recovery and Slippages) fall under other dimension (for ex - Since YesterDay) and remaining 1 falls in quarter end dimension(for ex - 30-Jun-2022).

I have created a sample final table attached and I'm able to achieve the structure as shown below,

Rohan_W_1-1693830376561.png

I have a challenge to hide Slippage and OS measure in dimension quarter  (for ex-30-Jun-2022) and need to hide sum([Sheet2.Amt]) in dimension quarter (for ex -During Q2 of 2023-2024). 

Please suggest if this is feasible.

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

This is not feasible. Measures cannot be displayed selectively within some dimensions.

In some use cases, you can work around this to some degree by avoiding the use of a pivot dimension and instead using a large number of measures. This would require giving up the "grouping" aspect, though. 

You can look into the option of using a calculated dimension instead of using measures for the section(s) that don't match the "standard" measures and don't necessarily require a pivoted dimension. This will likely have a negative impact on performance and may be tricky to write, though.

View solution in original post

Or
MVP
MVP

Looks like the solution was accepted while I was editing, so just posting again to mention I expanded on my original reply.

marcus_sommer

That the object-layout couldn't be replicated 1:1 doesn't mean that the information couldn't be displayed.

The nearest approaches might be to skip the horizontal dimensions and applying 12 expressions or using a single dimension which includes all types with a single expression which queries the dimension-values and branched into different calculations. 

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

This is not feasible. Measures cannot be displayed selectively within some dimensions.

In some use cases, you can work around this to some degree by avoiding the use of a pivot dimension and instead using a large number of measures. This would require giving up the "grouping" aspect, though. 

You can look into the option of using a calculated dimension instead of using measures for the section(s) that don't match the "standard" measures and don't necessarily require a pivoted dimension. This will likely have a negative impact on performance and may be tricky to write, though.

Or
MVP
MVP

Looks like the solution was accepted while I was editing, so just posting again to mention I expanded on my original reply.

marcus_sommer

That the object-layout couldn't be replicated 1:1 doesn't mean that the information couldn't be displayed.

The nearest approaches might be to skip the horizontal dimensions and applying 12 expressions or using a single dimension which includes all types with a single expression which queries the dimension-values and branched into different calculations.