Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canoebi99
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

History and notifications for Reporting Services tasks

Does anyone know of anyway to be able to monitor report tasks in Qliksense SAAS (i.e. tabular reporting) once they are in place (just like we can see the automation history in the management console). 

I know that you can see the last run information on the task itself, but we had a situation where a task didn't run sucessfully one week and so the report was not received (It has run fine all the other weeks), however, I cannot see any kind of history or logs for these tasks within the management console. Also, I cannot see any way to set up a notification to go to a user if the report task fails. 

Is it simply not possibel to know whether a report task has not run sucessfully, once it has passed? (other than just not receiving the email). 

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Reply
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Hi @canoebi99 , thanks for the post.  

A history view of report tasks is in development (e.g. active roadmap).  The view will provide visibility of the health of runs back dated and will offer warning/error states for any anomalies in execution.  The development is still early days and is targeted for later H2 availability. 

In the mean time - you can have a look in the Management Console > Events.  For report-task execution information you want to look for the com.qlik.reporting-task.summary.created event on the date that the task didn't run - this is a summary event.  For each of the individual execution attempts (for the task) you could look at the event com.qlik.reporting-task.executed - and there would be a com.qlik.v1.reporting-service.audit event for each attempted report generation. 

If you have a persistent error that you can't solve feel free to contact Qlik Support.

We also have just released an update to harden a scenario where a task appears to execute but it does not actually (you may have hit this issue).  If you see persistence in this situation and no exception is thrown - again please contact Qlik Support. 

Hope this all helps.