Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
runelle
Contributor
Contributor

How to calculate YoY percentage Change for MTD, QTD and YTD?

I have a dataset that I need to calculate YoY metrics (calculation: current year divided by last year minus 1) by any combination of Year, month selection filters for MTD, QTD and YTD.  For example, I'd like to have filters for Year and Month and select buttons of either MTD, QTD and YTD and then create a table that showed the YoY % growth.  Keep in mind that I will have many years and months in this dataset, so it needs to be dynamic.

runelle_0-1696002404021.png

When I select filters of Month say 'Aug' and Year say '2023'and choose MTD or QTD or YTD, I would like only that July - Sep to show up in the Quarter Filed of the table. I would also like the YoY % to show up for the month/months selected in the filter as well as the Total. This should work for either of the button selections of MTD,QTD and YTD.

I have Qliksense server so unable to share my Qlik file.

Regards,

Runelle

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Pablo007
Creator
Creator

I recommend you to use KPI instead of filters,  and if you will have many years Limit the table-chart to show just actual year.

and then filter just the year that you want to see,  yo can also have a line chart making comparative with different years

kpi example

Pablo007_0-1697617256054.png

You can also define the calculation that you need on a table chart (just modify the formula introducing the Time period that you need)

I will make a guess due to I do not know how your data is structured and wich kind of calendar generator you have

to see Q1 last year actual visitor could be like below

Sum( { $< [visitors]={'actual'},[date.Cal.quarter]={T1}, [date.Cal.YearsAgo]={1} > } [visitors])

to see Q1 last year forecastvisitor could be like below

Sum( { $< [visitors]={'forecast'},[date.Cal.quarter]={T1}, [date.Cal.YearsAgo]={1} > } [visitors])

Pablo007_1-1697617572020.png

different example

Pablo007_2-1697617710958.png

But as I see it on the set up that you have now will not work due to you are filtering the time twice. once on the chart then you filter year and month and after that you want the chart to show you YTD,  that will not work ,  if you want to see YTD you can not filter one month.

Good luck