Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WCS_OTTO
Contributor
Contributor

Tabular Reporting - from private sheet or shared space

In order to fit best the level in the report output, I'll prepare a sheet that includes all data content, subtotals, and totals. Such sheet is tailor-made for reporting function only. I don't want other Qlik users from the company to see this sheet. Is it possible to allow us to build reports from a private sheet in the foreseeable future?

An alternative solution that also works for me is building the report in the Shared space that is not accessible by other company users. The problem here is company user is treated as "Internal parties". One of the limitations now in Tabular Report is the recipient must be able to access the app. We only allow company users to access apps in the Managed space. 

Looking forward to a good news on this. Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

My approach is to hide sheets and then publish them. I can still build report from hidden sheets. In such case sheets are within the app users are accessing hence it can be used with latest OnDemand reporting too. I find this the cleanest possible option so far.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1718958474206.png

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

My approach is to hide sheets and then publish them. I can still build report from hidden sheets. In such case sheets are within the app users are accessing hence it can be used with latest OnDemand reporting too. I find this the cleanest possible option so far.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1718958474206.png

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
WCS_OTTO
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Lech_Miszkiewicz

I made use of the vShow variable + the Button to hide the sheet. But the hidden sheet shows up again when the app reloads. We set a reload schedule for the apps. How can it be hidden as always unless we (the developer) trigger it to show?