Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berryandcherry6
Creator II
Creator II

Custom Connector for Google Analytics in Qliksense 3.0

Hi all,

Downloaded QVX SDK from link https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.1/Subsystems/QVXSDKAPI/Content/QlikView%20QVX%20File%2... , Looked into samples and demos provided in Download of this link.

Now i need to build a custom connector for Google Analytics.Googled about this in community i wont find any informtion. Can any one say how could i proceed with my work on Custom connector. Any kind of help is appreciated on this. Your help is really needed in this.

Regards,

Supriya

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why can't you use the Qlik Google Analytics Connector?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Connectors_help/Content/2.1/Connectors/Qlik-Go...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
berryandcherry6
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi gysbert,

Thanks for reply.

I was aware about web connectors(if i am not wrong, it is also called QV source) and rest connectors(some say rest connector is not a good practice. i dont know why, but happy if you share knowledge on this) along with custom connector. Its actually my client suggested it and they need in QVX SDK. Even though, there requirement is only that, analytics data has to get updated automatically on every day they should view updated Analytics data when logged in to qliksense.

The Google analytics web Connector, what you suggested is all we do in web connector UI. we have to pass manually Authentication code, Profile ID, Query, start date and end date. Then i get a URL containing all datas in it and Copy paste it in qlik sense web file URL. And Load in script. Are you saying me to do this every day to get updated data on every minute? and publish it to client? or am  i missing/not aware of some thing that could be done automatically by qliksense here?.

Please enlight me with this concept. Is it other way around what i have undestood. Anyways its good if clients get what they need to see, instead of how we did it.

Regards,

Supriya

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If the start date and end date are part of the url you could replace those with variables that you give the right value in the script. That way you won't have to generate a new url each day.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ricky_kersey
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, my start date and end date are part of the URL, so I need to replace them with variables. The URL contains:

%26start-date%3d2019-05-31%26end-date%3d2019-07-18%

and my variables are called vStartDate and vEndDate.

Can you please help with this?

Thanks