Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jecustoms
Contributor
Contributor

Error while connecting Qlik Sense to PostgreSQL

Hello everybody! 

I am trying to connect Qlik Sense to my PostgreSQL server. I can connect to it via DBeaver program with no problem. 

While when I try to connect via Qlik Sense it gives me following error: 

"ERROR [08P01] [Qlik][PostgreSQL] (10) Error occured while trying to connect: [SQLState08P01] ERROR: Unsupported startup parameter: options"

I contacted my server provider IT support and got answer, that when we connect Qlik sense reports the parameters "options=-c extra_float_digits=2". "Extra_float_digits" is a valid option, and paramert "-с" we do not understand. 

Have anybody encountered similar problems and came up with the solution? What is this "-c" stands for or used for? 

2 Replies
pedrolyra
Contributor III
Contributor III

Same thing here! Any news about this for you, mate?

jecustoms
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yep, I have great news about that - I manged to connect Qlik to my PostgreSQL DB.

The thing is that I couldn't connect to PostgreSQL right away from Qlik by choosing the Postgre DB. However, I managed to get PostgreSQL ODBC drivers from Postgre web site, install them. After quick settings - open windows and type ODBC in search - I created connection in ODBC and in Qlik you choose as your data source ODBC instead of PostgreSQL. Then you choose your created connection and voi-la - everything works just fine. 

Sorry for my english - long time no practice.