Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebastianfaust
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Load Balancing (Nodes) - Config virttual proxies

hi all,

our customer has one central node and two consumer nodes.

so i configured nothing, only said in the virtual proxy of the central, that he has 2 Load Balancing nodes.

Virtual Proxy Central:

• Central
  • Consumer Node1
  • Consumer Node2

Virtual Proxy Node1 :

• Consumer Node1

Virtual Proxy Node2 :

• Consumer Node2

is that correct?

thanks a lot.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

There's no a correct answer in the abstract. What drove the decision to have all nodes load balanced on a single VP then only load balance to the load VP on the RIMs? That being said, I don't see why you'd want to only distribute app consumption for a single point of entry.

sebastianfaust
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

hmm,

goal was to have one Proxy, so all Users connect to the same URL.

and that Main Server, Central, should laod balance to the two other servers, consumer node 1 and consumer node 2.

so in that case, my config is wrong?

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Taking a step back. It looks like you have 3 proxy services. For there to be single entry point you would want to use a network load balancer or similar application to distribute the load between the different proxies. Something diagrammed like this:2019_04_05_09_36_33_Architecture_Options_2019.pptx_PowerPoint.png

Since each proxy service lives on a different server (e.g. server1, server2, server3), then users who access https://server1.company.com will use server1's proxy alone.

Back to the load balancing configs, having all engines load balanced to all is needed for your goal.

That being said, without something distributing the authentication across servers, those RIM proxies don't accomplish much in the abstract.