Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwagahoff
Contributor
Contributor

Read-Only access to Data Load Editor

Hello Qlik Community!

First time caller here. I'm curious if there is a way to allow read-only access to the Data-Load Editor in QlikSense February 2019. We have implemented the UI Loadscript Viewer extension: https://github.com/eapowertools/ui-loadscript-viewer

However, it still prevents many end-users from viewing the load script. Is there a way to either A) provide users with "read-only" access to the data load editor so that they are able to use this without impediment (read-only app access, as I understand, does not allow access of any kind to the data load editor), or B) give the load script extension full permissions so that it can display the contents of the data load editor to any user whether or not they have permissions to open it? 

Thank you for any and all guidance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

out of the box, we do not have anything available to do so, you may disable data connector to certain people, however, there's nothing to prevent them to mess with the script. There possible a way by a customize way with the APIs, but I am no way expert on that realm.

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Giuseppe_Novello

out of the box, we do not have anything available to do so, you may disable data connector to certain people, however, there's nothing to prevent them to mess with the script. There possible a way by a customize way with the APIs, but I am no way expert on that realm.

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik