Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suvechha_b
Creator III
Creator III

Sync only users not the group of AD ?

Hi All ,

How to get GROUP AD access in Qliksense qmc , as my user directory connector is sync only user not the group of AD.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
s_kabir_rab
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @suvechha_b ,

AD user groups are not shown in the table view. Hence you do not see them there. If you click on the "i" icon next to the user, the popup will show you all the groups that user belongs to. You can use groups in your security rules and so on too. Just chose "group" attribute in security rule. 

Note: group is not an attribute for filtering or sorting the user list on QMC. If you are looking to do this, then i suggest using Tags instead. Its manual process.. you can systematically create tags using QRS api if you know the API well.

Kabir
Please do not forget to the mark the post if you find it useful or provides you the solutions 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi! Can you clarify your question?
Maybe some screenshots to describe the problem? Thanks!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
suvechha_b
Creator III
Creator III
Author

AD group are not been sync in the user of Qliksense QMC.

Group.PNG

s_kabir_rab
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @suvechha_b ,

AD user groups are not shown in the table view. Hence you do not see them there. If you click on the "i" icon next to the user, the popup will show you all the groups that user belongs to. You can use groups in your security rules and so on too. Just chose "group" attribute in security rule. 

Note: group is not an attribute for filtering or sorting the user list on QMC. If you are looking to do this, then i suggest using Tags instead. Its manual process.. you can systematically create tags using QRS api if you know the API well.

Kabir
Please do not forget to the mark the post if you find it useful or provides you the solutions 🙂
suvechha_b
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Kabir ,

Please kindly tell me step by step process of creating group in security rule as my requirement is to give 7 user 1 or 2 token from Analyzer access for 1 Qliksense App.  

Don't have knowledge of API.