Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Uninstallation of qlik sense failed

Hi,

I tried to uninstalled Qlik Sense and it got stuck during the uninstallation, no progress (i waited about an hour), so I had to close it manually.

After this action i checked the add/remove programs on windows and verify that qlik isn't there.

Also - Qlik services are not found on the machine.

When trying to re-install Qlik I got errors and the installation failed (see attached screenshot + log):

Untitled.png
The log said:

Unexpected error during configuration: System.Exception: Msi Upgrade type unknown

how can I be sure that there are no leftovers from the old version? I guess something that prevents the Qlik installer to run successfully.

Best Regards,
Eli.

7 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Let me guess it got hanged around the "dispatcher" service, actually I would have wait little longer, this service takes very..very..very long time at times. Anyways, go to windows services and check in there if there any services in there, if you do see services, then go to add and remove programs and see if the Qlik installer is still available to uninstall, then run it to remove whatever is leftover.  If you have issue, then alternative is to use this tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal...

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @Giuseppe_Novello 

I can't find Qlik sense on the add/remove programs list.

In addition, There are no services which belong to Qlik on the Services window.

Tried the tool you gave but it didn't help.

How can I get out of this complex situation?  I've also tried a silent installation but without success.

Thanks.

Giuseppe_Novello

well it is seeing from somewhere the old version, since it believes that it needs to upgrade, not to do a installation.  Try to move the content inside the "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache" (do not delete it -- Move it somewhere else).

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks, i moved all the folder content to a backup folder, then i install qlik (it's not giving an alert about previous version).
The installation took 2 seconds and only the printing services was installed....
Why? 😞
EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Update:

I had a progress, tried to install November 2018 version again and now it said Installation complete.

However, i found out that i'm missing "Qlik Sense service dispacther" 

image.png

Giuseppe_Novello

This is odd, If you have a maintenance agreement with Qlik Support, please proceed opening a case for further assistance. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
satyababum
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for suggesting alternative tool posting the link.  it helped fix my issue.  Thanks