Last Update:

May 6, 2020 5:10:53 PM

Updated By:

Adam-Jacobs

Created date:

Apr 8, 2020 3:53:56 PM

Attachments

Video explanation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hDJlc6p5lE

Something that I come across on a regular basis is customers asking about dates in Qlik.  Fiscal calendars, complete calendars, creating current year to date vs last year to date, and matching dates between two date fields are all things that have come up.

The answer to all of these is to create a master calendar.  That said, creating a master calendar is not always the easiest thing to do or learn from online posts.

I have attached 'Master Calendar.zip' that contains two .txt files designed to automatically create a master calendar from your data. 

In 'Master Calendar Variables.txt' you can paste the contents after your current load script in your app and fill in the variables:

- Table name that contains the date

- Whether you want to create a fiscal calendar and which month that fiscal calendar should start in

- Your Date field(s) - if you insert two date fields, it will perform an IntervalMatch

In 'Master Calendar Script.txt' you can either paste the contents below the Variables or use an Include statement  below the Variables to call on the script.

That's it!  Hope this helps!

Comments
wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Brilliant! Thank you!

0 Likes
Edonofrio
Contributor
Contributor

This is great! In the script you have InAnyYTD, but how would you write InAnyQTD and InAnyMTD? 

I.e. FY21 QTD vs. FY20QTD vs. FY19 QTD 

0 Likes
HereWeGoAgain
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Adam-Jacobs  Good Day

Thank you for this.

I'm new to Qlick, hope you can assist.

I would like to create fiscal years from July to June and present it on a line chart based on Revenue per Month.

i've copied your content and pasted it as shown on video.

i've received the below error

HereWeGoAgain_0-1617184021259.png

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2020-05-06 05:10 PM
Updated by: