Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

QlikView Examples Qlik GeoAnalytics

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

QlikView Examples Qlik GeoAnalytics

Last Update:

Apr 2, 2021 4:29:12 AM

Updated By:

Patric_Nordstrom

Created date:

Feb 25, 2019 4:50:59 AM

Attachments

Examples for QlikView with Qlik GeoAnalytics.

Binning
This app shows an example of how the Binning feature can be used to create rectangular or hexagonal bins over Sweden. It also shows a drill-down hierarchy with two levels of rectangular bins and a point level. 

Chart Layer example
An example of how the Chart Layer can be used to plot data points on graphs (both bars and pies) using two dimensions. This example shows how the average house prices in Sweden have developed over time.

Polylines and Symbols example
An example showing how to use the Line Layer to create Polylines and the Bubble Layer to create Symbols from image URLs. 

Line Layer example – Storms
Example of Line Layer using Storm data to visualize historical storms. 

EU statistics example
Uses: Bubble Layer with latitude and longitude measures, bubble size and color by measure, Area Layer with location ID for country codes, area color by measure, transparency.

Drill down example
A drill down example with three different ways of using drill down data to visualize data. Sheet 1: Drill down based on State - County - Zip Sheet 2: Drill down based on Zip. 

Heatmap example
Uses: Heatmap Layer, drill down with layers active in different levels, Bubble Layer with visibility restricted to resolution limits. 

US flight delay example
This example shows how Line Layer, among others, can be used to show routes between different positions and include average departure/arrival delays in the appearance of the lines.

The examples requires v 12 or later of QlikView.

Comments
dwfiv327
Contributor II
Contributor II

Greetings Patric,

I have downloaded and launched the attached QlikView documents.  Mostly I see nothing.  When I switch out of WebView, I see a number of Unknown Charttype objects.  Do I need to install anything else?

0 Likes
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Yes, all the examples require that Qlik GeoAnalytics for QlikView is installed.

Thanks,

Patric

0 Likes
dwfiv327
Contributor II
Contributor II

Please tell me how to do that.  I do not see GeoAnalytics under Products on the Qlik home page.

0 Likes
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

It's listed under Value Added Products

https://www.qlik.com/us/products/analytics-products#ValueAddedProducts

It's separate install, available at the Qlik download page and requires an additional license, please contact your Qlik sales rep. Here's how to install:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Content/Qlik_GeoAnalytics/GeoAnalytics-QlikView/Installing-...

Thanks,

Patric

Matsa
Creator
Creator

Hello @Patric_Nordstrom , 

Thank you for the post, But I could not open these examples, I faced with this error:

clipboard_image_0.png

I am using QlikView 11.2

Thanks.

Mat

0 Likes
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Sorry, the examples requires v 12 or later of QV.

0 Likes
mohamadassari
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Patric_Nordstrom ,

Since GeoQlik requires a flash player to open its objects in QMC(qlikview management console) when opening the access point using a browser in QlikView, I was wondering whether GeoAnalytics also requires a flash player when opening its objects on the QMC side(using a browser)?

0 Likes
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@mohamadassari Flash is not required.

Version history
Last update:
‎2021-04-02 04:29 AM
Updated by: