Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juergenschiemann
Contributor
Contributor

GetHyperCubeBinnedData and GetHyperCubeReducedData methods

Hello everyone,

I've been playing around with the two methods GetHyperCubeBinnedData and GetHyperCubeReducedData.

Both methods sounded pretty promising since they would perfectly help me tackle a major challenge that is to reduce and cluster millions of data points in a scatter plot. I believe I got the hang of the basic concept.

However, the responding data pages are puzzling to me. It seems that no matter which values I provide in my request to the GetHyperCubeBinnedData method for the parameters "qMaxNbrCells" or "qHeight" inside of the qPages array there is no effect on the resulting data pages. The only drivers are the "qDataRanges" array and the "qQueryLevel". The qQueryLevel alone, though, makes it unpredictable to determine the number of cells nor the numbers of items per cell in the visualization. 

The GetHyperCubeReducedData method is working as I expected when using "C" as qZoomFactor. But when I try to use "S" as qZoomFactor the browser doesn't respond any longer. 

I've been calling the methods through the Engine API Explorer as well as through an JS extension by means of the backendApi.model.getHyperCubeBinnedData() function.

I'd be very grateful if some of you experts can shed some light on those two methods.

Many thanks
Juergen

1 Reply
vijaya6
Contributor
Contributor

how to call GetHyperCubeBinnedData () ?

i am trying to call with default values but getting error
'GetBinnedData cannot be called on this object'

could u please help.
thanks in advance