Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Qlik® Product Spotlight: Discover what’s possible. Get more from our products.
See for yourself. Register today.
Not applicable

Update Script in Qlik Sense.

Hi!

I am using Qlik Senes 2.2. The date source from a DB server. I have a table with 6 columns and 2 of them have "null" values (one of the field is a bool type and the other one is text). What I want ,after making selections, to update this two fields in the Data Warehouse from a Qlik Sense app. Is there a possibility to run back the SQL update script from the Qlik Sense.

I hope there is a way that help me out.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Ziad.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Update Script in Qlik Sense.

Not without an extension. Something like this, but then for Qlik Sense: SQL Writeback from QlikView extension object. The architecture would be very similar. You'll need a web service that can be called from the Qlik Sense extension and that will execute the update statement in your database.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
5 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Not without an extension. Something like this, but then for Qlik Sense: SQL Writeback from QlikView extension object. The architecture would be very similar. You'll need a web service that can be called from the Qlik Sense extension and that will execute the update statement in your database.

Not applicable

Hi Gysbert!

Thanks for your reply. So I need to develop an extension by myself and add it to qlik sense then I can use this method (because the example in the link is QlikView one)

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Yes, that's correct.

gainkarthi
Valued Contributor

Not applicable

Thanks Karthikeyan, but I am using Qlik Sense.