Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

2 nodes cluster - NAS configuration

My company is looking at deploying a 2 nodes cluster environment. However we need to better understand Qlik cluster solution. . 

To my understanding, for any failover, the 2 QVS will need to access same root folder for all shared objects.  Qlik cluster document suggest to use a NAS approach with a separate 3rd server allowing shared access to SAN storage. 

Any suggestion on the configuration of this 3rd server ( CPU, RAM, physcial or not ..) ? 

As reference,  both QVS will reside on physical server with about 20 processor core & 256G of RAM.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Sorry, it doesn't make any sense to me to have both nodes on the same physical server. Why don't you just use that server to host a single node with all available processors and memory.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

sorry for confusion but each QVS will be located on its own physical server in order to create 2 nodes cluster environment. 

QVS 1 -- machine A   

QVS 2 -- machine B

However,  they need to access the same shared area for all qvw, pgo and shared objects for failover. The shared area will be located on a 3rd server which will be connected to SAN.

My issue is sizing the configuration of this 3rd server ( cpu, ram, ....) ? 

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Will your server be used just for that? Perhaps you should consider installing the management console there as well or the accesspoint.

Not applicable
Author

Access point will be deployed to our virtual server environment.  Finally was able to get some feedback from Qlik technical resources and we have now all the configuration information required.

will be starting on the fun part of development now ....

Thanks for all replies