Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhouck01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Application names appearing in Lowercase after upgrade to QV12

We just upgraded our QlikView server from 11.2 to 12.10. Whenever an application is opened in AccessPoint, the name of the application in the browser title window is converted to all lowercase. The file name in the published directory is correct, nothing about the original file to publish has been changed. This is a weird annoyance for our users, but the main issue is when the session log information is written out. All of those names are in lowercase as well, causing issues when trying to join up session details from before and after the upgrade ('Financial Report' doesn't match up with 'financial report' so they seem like two different apps).

Anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas how to fix it?

3 Replies
denniste
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Michael.

I'm on Qlikview server 11.2 SR16 and experiencing this bug. 

A similar issue appears to have been fixed as part of SR15 but this does not apply to opening apps on Accesspoint.

Open URL action changes upper case values to lower case in QlikView 11.20 SR14 Jira issue ID: QVII-1182 Description: Using the Open URL action causes upper case values to be changed to lower case values. This bug is specific to QlikView 11.20 SR14 and does not appear in previous versions.

This is not just an annoyance for us as we have existing apps using the =DocumentName() formulas expecting the correct case! 

mmpas4887
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have a ticket opened with support about this on 11.2 SR16. It started with SR12

mmpas4887
Contributor III
Contributor III

Support tells me that this is a known issue but does not affect functionality nor performance