Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jvishnuram
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Application pool of qlikview IIS getting stopped oftenly

Hi Friends,

I have upgraded qlikview server from QV11.20 SR-2 to QV 11.20 SR-5., the installation was done successfully and while accessing the access point its showing loading content and the application pool of qlikview IIS is getting stopped during that time.

Any help!!!

Regards,

Vishnu.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi!

We are having issues similar to yours, did you find a solution?

Thanks!

Regards

Inveravante

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Make sure the Identity that the App Pool QlikView IIS is running under is a member of the QlikView Administrator group. Also, check to make sure the password hasn't changed for this. By default on an installation the App Pool identity is the same as the service accounts that QV runs under.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Bill,

How do I check/change the identity for QliView IIS? I have changed the passwords and the Web Server is now down.

Thanks!

Iullia

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You do this via the IIS Manager applet, on the left side, expand the server until you see the Application Pools entry, left click that and that will bring up all the application pools in the instance in the middle pane, then find the QlikView IIS application pool, left click it and on the right side click the Advanced Settings link, when that dialog appears, scroll down to the Process Model section and look for the Identity entry, you will need to edit that and get the correct ID/Password in there, which should be the same one running the other QlikView services.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.