Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are Data Visualization files important?

I'm trying to back up a file, but I can't because I don't have permission only for the Data Visualization file.

I can't open the Data Visualization file, so I'm not sure.

Is this an important file?
Try to skip files that aren't important

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

Since this Data Visualizaton.zip file is located in C:\Program Data\QlikTech\Documents (the default location of the QVS Root folder defined in QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > @QVS > Folders > Root Folder), I think it is just the sample app Data Visualization.QVW that is installed with QlikView Server just zipped up. I assume that you're not aware of how this particular file got into this folder?  My guess is that someone zipped up the Data Visualization.QVW file for some unknown reason.
So what is it you are trying to backup? 
Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

Yeah as I stated, I believe that this zip folder is the sample app Data Visualization and wouldn't be an important file needed for QlikView Server to operate.  However, that is something for you to investigate.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

Since this Data Visualizaton.zip file is located in C:\Program Data\QlikTech\Documents (the default location of the QVS Root folder defined in QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > @QVS > Folders > Root Folder), I think it is just the sample app Data Visualization.QVW that is installed with QlikView Server just zipped up. I assume that you're not aware of how this particular file got into this folder?  My guess is that someone zipped up the Data Visualization.QVW file for some unknown reason.
So what is it you are trying to backup? 
Best Regards

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Is this a sample app?

It's an unimportant file, right?

The entire qliktech folder of program data was backed up, but only that file did not have permission, so the backup was not possible.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

Yeah as I stated, I believe that this zip folder is the sample app Data Visualization and wouldn't be an important file needed for QlikView Server to operate.  However, that is something for you to investigate.

Best Regards