Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Batch reload duration

Hello everyone,

I've faced some interesting issue in QV batch reload.

Everyday powershell script runs a lot of QV apps that creates data layers. As there are many identical sources, apps are running in parallel. After all, this data consolidates and uses in application. All this works pretty well.

The problem is in reload time of this process. It takes aprox. 9 hours to do all this if user logged in and connected through RDP(window is open). And it takes more than 13 hours to reload with logged in, but not connected user.

Why does it work in such a way? Does anybody face face this? What can I do to reduce reload time without permanently connected user?

Thank you all

Sergey

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Could it have something to do with so-called nice levels? Depending on how and where tasks are run, they are assigned process priority levels and are allocated resources based on that priority level. BTW you can change them interactively by right-clicking a process in Task Manager and selecting "Set priority".

I don't have any other explanation, except that maybe more processes are temporarily fighting for resources by accident when the user is not connected. Try Performance Monitor to figure out what is happening during a realod.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter. Actually there are only 2 levels, but the number of sources is about 50 and they have to process separately until final consolidation. Sources are divided in several groups that running in parallel processes. The next level reload starts after all instances of previous level are finished.

I'll try Perfomance Monitor in two ways, according to your advice. Unfortunately this process runs at late night so it's hard to change priority in Task Manager. I'll try to find a way to set priority for this tasks so they always will start with highest priority level.