Did you mean: 
hamy_IT_Dev
Contributor II
Contributor II

Change Slider Tooltip

Hi

I have a slider with Variable(vTest).

min=1, max=15.

When I change value on slider, tooltip show my value(1,2,3...15).

how to change Tooltip value to another value?

for example show T1 insted of 1 and T2 insted of 2 , ...

please see attached file.

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could format your variable within the tab number but it will also change the display within the slider.

Another approach could be to use a dual() expression on a field instead of the variable and to play a bit with line-breaks and font-types and the sizing of the object to create an acceptable visualization (the tooltip-feature isn't designed to be formatted or to display arbitrary content). Here an example how it could be created:

load recno() as T autogenerate 15;

= dual(num(T, '0000') & chr(10) & chr(10) & chr(10) & 'this number was chosen: ' & T, T)

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hami, Marcus' comment is the best way to go from what I know, just tossing in the Help for you as well in case the extra info there may be of use:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Fo...

If Marcus' post helped you get things working, be sure to give him credit by using the Accept as Solution button on his post as well, and if you ended up doing something different, think about posting that for others, and you can mark that as the solution as well after you post it.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.