Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markusjahr
Contributor III
Contributor III

Cleaning and converting the shared files not working

Hi

I tried to change to owner of some shared files with the QVS.exe function but it did not worked.

Also repairing or deleting  shared objects with the QVS.exe function did not worked.

i tried it with several parameters from these link:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2023/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/QVS...

I also tried to use the Powertools in the newest version but there also comes an error message with Authentication. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @markusjahr,

I just tested changing shared file ownership in my lab environment and was able to do so successfully. Also, I recently tested running the shared file repair functionality of QlikView server which was successful as well. Suggest that if you are still having issues with this functionality, that you open a case with Qlik Support.

Please note that the QlikView Power Tools are no longer maintained and that using the Shared File Cleaning and Conversion functionality built into QlikView Server is suggested. Refer to the QlikView Help entry Cleaning and converting the shared files for details.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @markusjahr,

I just tested changing shared file ownership in my lab environment and was able to do so successfully. Also, I recently tested running the shared file repair functionality of QlikView server which was successful as well. Suggest that if you are still having issues with this functionality, that you open a case with Qlik Support.

Please note that the QlikView Power Tools are no longer maintained and that using the Shared File Cleaning and Conversion functionality built into QlikView Server is suggested. Refer to the QlikView Help entry Cleaning and converting the shared files for details.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!