Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dashboard Reload Qvb.exe hangs

Hi Folks!  Not sure if this is the right space/group/forum for this question.  We are running QlikView 11.2 SR12 without Publisher.  We reload our dashboards automatically on our QlikView Server using the QlikView Management Console.  But recently we have a dashboard that will sometimes not reload.  Checking the document logging, the reload script calls a stored procedure on our Microsoft SQL Server database.  Tracing indicates that the database server receives this request, processes it, and then sends the resultant set back.  But the document logging does not indicate the return of this resultant set.  The document logging just stops, and the qvb.exe just seems to "hang".  After 50 minutes, the process times out.  There is no indication that the server is under any kind of load.  We have disabled virus scanning on our QlikView files and folders.  Any suggestions on how we may overcome this problem?  Thank you!

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

An upgrade to a more recent version of QV11.20 may help. Note that for SR16 and SR17; Quarantaine periods for CAL assignments will increase.

Does this happen on the server only? Or do you get the same kind of problem when reloading the document in QV Desktop? In that case, you can find out whether an upgrade will help by first upgrading QV Desktop and retrying the reload.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!  It happens on the server only.  How would quarantine period increases for CAL assignments help with the reload on the server?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You didn't hear me saying that. I just tried to warn you that an upgrade may solve your reload problems, but those last few SRs have side effects you may not like too much.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ah OK I believe I understand.  Thank you for the suggestion of upgrading to the latest SR version for QlikView 11.2!