Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dennemanr
Contributor II
Contributor II

Deploy QlikView Desktop May 2023 SR2 through AD group policies

Hi,

I'm trying to update QlikView Desktop on client computers through a group policy in Active Directory. However the new installer seems to fail when trying to remove older msi versions. It is probably doing this because there was a vulnerability found the 2023 may SR1 release and older.

The Windows event viewer on one of the clients reports the following error:

Product: QlikView May 2023 SR2 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action DeleteOldCachedMSI script error -2146828212, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Path not found Line 8, Column 1,

My question is if anyone has managed to install this version QV desktop through group policies. Support has rejected my case and told me to reach out to Qlik professional services but I'm of the opinion that the problem is with the installer and that no amount of consultancy will fix this.

Labels (1)
0 Replies