Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EISSA
Contributor III
Contributor III

Edit the Name of QlikView Version showed in the header of the QMC

Hi,

Can you please Advise how we can edit the name of the QlikView Version in the header of the QMC (highlighted below in yellow) ?

EISSA_1-1630046759090.png

Thanks.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @EISSA,

I agree with Marcus in that you should proceed with caution here.  Note that any changes you make to the standard operating functionality of QlikView would result in the environment being unsupported, so make sure that you have backups and can revert back to the standard format if you need to engage with Qlik Support.  

Most of the files and images for the QMC are located in %Program Files%\QlikView\Management Service\QMC, so you may be able to find what you need there to make the change you want.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Qlik_Administrator_Dude
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello Again,
I was able to edit the styles.css file under: 
C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QMCCommon\styles.css

Search for: .ContentDivQMC  

Change the background color. 

See my screenshot for details Good luck

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 12.25.23 PM.png

View solution in original post

10 Replies
marcus_sommer

Why should the version info be adjusted and into which content?

- Marcus

EISSA
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

we need to add before the name of the version dev server because we have two servers one for the dev and one for the production so we will not confuse when making any change. So it will be only a visualization thing

marcus_sommer

In general the information on which qmc you are is visible within the browser-panel which means you could differ between your environments. I'm not sure if an addition to the QlikView version on the top-right of the screen is more obvious to avoid mistakes therefore I would rather tend to change the background-colour of the site. I did not any adjustments to the qmc yet and I'm also not a web-developer to provide more specific information but AFAIK there is a style.css which controlled the layout. Before starting playing with it make a BACKUP of those files in the case anything goes wrong.

- Marcus

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @EISSA,

I agree with Marcus in that you should proceed with caution here.  Note that any changes you make to the standard operating functionality of QlikView would result in the environment being unsupported, so make sure that you have backups and can revert back to the standard format if you need to engage with Qlik Support.  

Most of the files and images for the QMC are located in %Program Files%\QlikView\Management Service\QMC, so you may be able to find what you need there to make the change you want.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Qlik_Administrator_Dude
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

Instead of changing the version, try changing the bar color. This is how other Admin identify different environments visually. Good luck - 

Ref:  https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Change-Color-QMC-Topbar/td-p/1592951

EISSA
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Qlik_Administrator_Dude  I am using QlikView do you think this solution is also applicable on QlikView or only Qlik Sense.

Qlik_Administrator_Dude
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello Again,
I was able to edit the styles.css file under: 
C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QMCCommon\styles.css

Search for: .ContentDivQMC  

Change the background color. 

See my screenshot for details Good luck

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 12.25.23 PM.png

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Qlik_Administrator_Dude : glad that you could find a way! However, please be aware that, in case of problems with the QMC, this setup will be unsupported (so you'll need to revert the changes), and that any software update might overwrite the files.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Qlik_Administrator_Dude
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@Daniele_Purrone, Thanks for the reply. The changes I suggested are similar to rebranding a QliK Sense Environment. While White Labeling isn't supported, in my experience removing branding isn't required for most troubleshooting efforts. Is White Labeling of QlikView not something that is allowed? Thanks for the clarification -