Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klaus_feldam
Creator II
Creator II

Error Message: Shared: "Error on ReadBlob for object of type MetaServiceData, user: , id:"

We have started seeing hundreds of daily errors in our Event Log file over the past 2-3 days.

All services are running and reloads are processed as normal. User access appears to be fine, but as memory utilization builds up over the day with this error, user performance becomes sluggish later in the day and the server became unavailable at one point.

2014-04-21 07:44:332014-04-21 07:51:411300ErrorShared: Error on ReadBlob for object of type MetaServiceData, user: , id:
2014-04-21 07:44:332014-04-21 07:51:411300ErrorShared: Error on ReadBlob for object of type MetaServiceData, user: , id:

Any ideas of what could cause this?

Configuration:

No Cluster

No Publisher

Server:

Windows Server 2008 SR2

Product Information

Product name

QMS Backend Core x64

Client Build Number

Target Platform

x64

Publisher License Key

xyz

Service authentication

AD groups

Machine Information

Operating System Version

Win32_OperatingSystem=@ X64 (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)

.NET Version

Physical Memory

28671Mb

Available Memory

10062Mb

CPU Information

CPU 0

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5530 @ 2.40GHz

CPU 1

CPU 2

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This error message indicates that there is an issue reading either a .meta file or a .shared file. If the .shared files have already been checked (using the Shared File Cleaning tool), the problem is probably in the .meta files.

A good solution is to remove all of the .meta files.

It can be difficult to identify which .meta files are causing the issue, so it is often easiest just to remove them all.
These files contain Category information and the User permissions (if using DMS authentication).

Once all of the .meta files have been removed, a restart of the QlikView Server service is best.

Re-distributing the QVWs will generate new .meta files.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This error message indicates that there is an issue reading either a .meta file or a .shared file. If the .shared files have already been checked (using the Shared File Cleaning tool), the problem is probably in the .meta files.

A good solution is to remove all of the .meta files.

It can be difficult to identify which .meta files are causing the issue, so it is often easiest just to remove them all.
These files contain Category information and the User permissions (if using DMS authentication).

Once all of the .meta files have been removed, a restart of the QlikView Server service is best.

Re-distributing the QVWs will generate new .meta files.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
klaus_feldam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This one did it.

Thank Bill!

aftabmasood
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bill,

Can it be a reason for users getting error while using Access Point?

Something like "Message: No Server"

Masood

shayraber
Creator
Creator

hi Bill,

can you assist me also with the same issue.

I'm facing the same error message.

I understand that I need to fix the .Shared files and also the .Meta files

BUT

how?

how can the .Shared files get fixed?

.Meta files - i understand that i can erase and they will be recreated

but what about the .Shared? i have only SharedFileViewer but fixing them?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

What version are you running?  If you will check the Server reference manual, you will find a section there on repairing the .share files. This might be a none issue, depending on the version you are running.

Bill

shayraber
Creator
Creator

hi Bill,

thanks for the quick reply

I'm running Qlikview Server 11.2 SR3

can you please assist me with finding that chapter? can't find it at the manual mentioned above.