Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error in QMC " EntLicenses.Properties.calInfo.AssignedList.AddAssignedUsers "

Hi,

I am getting following error in QMC >> System >> Licenses >> Client Access Licenses (CALs) >> Assigned CALs

And when I'm trying to open document properties for to give Authorization and Assigned DOC CAL its showing processing symbol for several minutes and finally nothing get happen and not showing document properties. If anyone solve the same or having solution please assist me.

Regards,

Rajendra

Labels (2)
12 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I don't think so,

You must contact support for the same.

May be they come up with some custom patch for you.

You can assign licence in no time.

Just make a note of distributed user and you can add them again.

I think this is the shortest way.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Giuseppe_Novello

Rajendra,

Ashfaq is correct, this might be related to bug# 63724 "Invalid character in .pgo files (BorrowedCAL.pgo CALData.pgo) causes QMC not to list properties/ CAL data" . To confirm this you need to go to the QMC logs and check for this error:

"Error System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x16, is an invalid character."

This error is cause due to a end user having a bad UUID ( Universal Unique Identifier), for that QMC tries to read the borrowcaldata.pgo but cannot understand the corrupted UUID. TO correct the UUID that a machine / OS issue not Qlikview's so  your IT team can help. To find out which user is the trouble one, you can do PGOs as XML ( attached article), look in the borrowcaldata.xml and check all IDs, normally they are numbers only, but if you see weird characters, that might be the trouble one.

You can try to upgrade to V11.20 SR7, it should have a fix where ignores that corrupt UUID.

Anyways, unfortunately the only way to correct this is by recreating the BorrowCalData.pgo which will removed all the assignments.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gio,

Thanks for giving me the detail information about the root cause and solutions.

Let me try and will get back.

Regards,

Rajendra