Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rafatashiro
Contributor III
Contributor III

Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document./ Session Lost

Hello Everyone,

I can not open any QVW through the Access Point. It was working fine until this morning.
When I open any QVW Document in AP, a pop-up message appears and say: "Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document." or the message: "Session Lost".
Another feature about this error is that when the QVW is oppened in File server, it works perfectly, but when I try it in AP, it doesn't.
In addition, to the final user appears all the panels avaiables in Source Documets Folder, even when the QVW has the section access.
I use QV12-30 version in QV Server.

Has anybody faced this issue too?

Thanks,
Rafael Tashiro

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Re-reading your post, I also see this other error "Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document."

That is usually unrelated to the previous, and means the user does not have access to the QVW file.

Usual suspects are:

1. Make sure the Security and Authorization part of the QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Server are correct (NTFS, DMS, anonymous, etc.)
  2. Make sure the distribution tasks are authorizing the right users (All Users, All Authorized Users, Named Users)
  3. If the app is using section access, check that users not only are included in the section access table, but also they have data available to them. You can do this by selecting a user while opening the app in QlikView Desktop and see whether there are any white values for such user or all values are instead grey.
  4. If you are using IIS as the webserver, make sure the users can get through with the setup in Qlik (e.g.: using the right cookies, Windows Authentication is enabled or disabled, etc.)

Some support articles on the above:

View solution in original post

rafatashiro
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your answer @Miguel_Angel_Baeyens .

We finally found out the mistake.

A anti-virus routine changed the owner of the QV folders. That's why the Qlikview Server's user wasn't able to  distribute the documents even though the user was able to access through Section Access.

Regards,

Rafael Tashiro

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In my experience, most of the times this happens is due to a timeout in the calculation of a heavy object or expression, or due to some network configuration where too many users (not actual users but network users) are connecting at the same time and kicking each other out.

For the calculation complexity, try inserting a blank sheet with the title of the app and last reload time, for example, meaning no charts or triggers or other calculations, and see if that keeps happening.

See other troubleshooting hints here:

"QlikView - "Session Lost" appears in the QlikView Access Point while loading an application" - https://support.qlik.com/articles/000048120 

"Lost connection to server, Reconnecting" or "Session Lost" while accessing or using QlikView documents with the Full Browser (AJAX) client - https://support.qlik.com/articles/000038943

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Re-reading your post, I also see this other error "Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document."

That is usually unrelated to the previous, and means the user does not have access to the QVW file.

Usual suspects are:

1. Make sure the Security and Authorization part of the QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Server are correct (NTFS, DMS, anonymous, etc.)
  2. Make sure the distribution tasks are authorizing the right users (All Users, All Authorized Users, Named Users)
  3. If the app is using section access, check that users not only are included in the section access table, but also they have data available to them. You can do this by selecting a user while opening the app in QlikView Desktop and see whether there are any white values for such user or all values are instead grey.
  4. If you are using IIS as the webserver, make sure the users can get through with the setup in Qlik (e.g.: using the right cookies, Windows Authentication is enabled or disabled, etc.)

Some support articles on the above:

rafatashiro
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your answer @Miguel_Angel_Baeyens .

We finally found out the mistake.

A anti-virus routine changed the owner of the QV folders. That's why the Qlikview Server's user wasn't able to  distribute the documents even though the user was able to access through Section Access.

Regards,

Rafael Tashiro