Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Failed to retrieve settings from QlikView Server

Hello, 

I am trying to activate the test liscence on a QlikView Server Installation but keep getting the error: Failed to retrieve settings from QlikView Server. 

I already followed a thread where I checked the right of my windows user, length of server name, blocked ports... All services are running. 

see https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Failed-to-retrieve-settings-from-QlikView-Se...

Do you have any idea what else could be necessary in order to activate my liscence?

Its on Windows Server 2019

64 bit

I am trying to activate QlikView Server May 2022 12.70

I generated a LEF text since I am not able to communicate with the internet freely. 

I did not enable Kerberos encryption because another article said it is not necessary anymore. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Verena

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @VPR,

If you have tried the resolutions on the Qlik KB article you cited and issue isn't resolved, have a look at Disabling Kerberos encryption method RC4_HMAC_MD5 causes QlikView Server to disconnect and try the resolution listed therein.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi all, 

I actually solved it. 

The problem was that my Windows admin did indeed choose a servername which exceeded 15 letters. Windows does not prohibit choosing a server name that exceeds 15 letters.

When I was administering Qlik porcesses though, only 15 letters were displayed to me and hence I thought that this requirement is met.  

Thanks for all you help. 

Verena

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@VPR is this a brand new installation? If so try renaming the The Application Data folder (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech) may have some corrupted files or security-related issues. Example (Qliktech.old)

1. Stop all QlikView services

2. Rename the Qliktech folder

3. Restart the QlikView services

Should generate a new Qliktech folder and you can try to license the QlikView server and see if you get the same error message.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@VPR 

The communication between the QVS and the QMC. This is usually a permission/policy issue.

Can you try to  change the services to use "Local System" and start the services. If it works to set license try to change back to the service user. This has worked in several cases, but not always.

If the service user has never logged in to the server, try doing that also.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @VPR,

If you have tried the resolutions on the Qlik KB article you cited and issue isn't resolved, have a look at Disabling Kerberos encryption method RC4_HMAC_MD5 causes QlikView Server to disconnect and try the resolution listed therein.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Lucas_Gatling Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Unfortunately I keep getting the same error message. 

VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Chip_Matejowsky thank you. I will try that. Since the server is not solely under my control I have to wait for the colleagues to help. 

VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

One more question: Since I am trying to enable the liscence basically offline, is there anything I need to add to the LEF?

Thank you. 

VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Maria_Halley thanks for your reply. I tried changing the services but then they didn't come up again when I was trying to restart them. 

As for the service user to log in to the server: I actually think I am logging in to the server using the service user per default.  

Albert_Candelario

Hello @VPR,

Is this a new installation? If not, when the issue started? I could be worth trying to restore a QVPR from before the day it started.

What version are you using?

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
VPR
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello @Albert_Candelario ,

it is a new installation. 

I am using May 2022  SR2 Qlik Server 12.70 on Windows Server 2019. 

Thank you.

Verena