Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

GOVERNANCE DASHBOARD numbers are and how to interpret them

Hello Everyone,

In the GOVERNANCE DASHBOARD when I look at the numbers on the
QVW Overview tab.

Example:

Size (MB) 750
Sessions  226
Cardinality 49%

I'm I looking at the actual numbers on the server (live) or is this figured out
another way ?

Also when I see the number of Sessions or Size (MB) is these values live ?
or the running total or peak... (I'm sure I don't have 226 users connected
at the same time... so it must be total number of sessions but since when ?)
How about Size (MB) how do I interpret the 750 MB ?

Do I need to do anything to have the current values in the Dashboard
refreshed on the dashboard ?

I'm trying to get an idea of what these numbers are and how to interpret them.

Thanks

Eric

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hi Eric.

Size is the size of the QVW that was scanned as part of the "Documents | List of Files Paths to Scan". 750 means the QVW is 750 MB. (Note that Windows Explorer might show a slightly different file size.)

Sessions: With no other selections made, Sessions denotes the total number of sessions opened for that document on server - for all the history of server Sessions.log files that were scanned.  View more time-specific session data for that app on the Sessions tab (of GovDB 1.1).

For other specific questions, you might consider doing a text search on the online Help documentation for the Dashboard, HERE (for GovDB 1.1).

Like any QVW app, the Governance Dashboard is not real-time but requires updating (reload) either manually or via Publisher.  Typical scenario is for a client to install and configure the Dashboard and then setup a doc task in Publisher to update the app daily (or more- or less-often as deemed useful).

Tyler

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hi Eric.

Size is the size of the QVW that was scanned as part of the "Documents | List of Files Paths to Scan". 750 means the QVW is 750 MB. (Note that Windows Explorer might show a slightly different file size.)

Sessions: With no other selections made, Sessions denotes the total number of sessions opened for that document on server - for all the history of server Sessions.log files that were scanned.  View more time-specific session data for that app on the Sessions tab (of GovDB 1.1).

For other specific questions, you might consider doing a text search on the online Help documentation for the Dashboard, HERE (for GovDB 1.1).

Like any QVW app, the Governance Dashboard is not real-time but requires updating (reload) either manually or via Publisher.  Typical scenario is for a client to install and configure the Dashboard and then setup a doc task in Publisher to update the app daily (or more- or less-often as deemed useful).

Tyler

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tyler that answers my questions. A special thanks for the URL which I did not no existed.

Happy holidays and have a great 2014.

Eric