Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II

Hide access point thumbnail for Full Browser and Small Device Version if browser not IE ( Chrome)

Relatively straightforward-

In QMC/Source Documents/Server/Availability - I have only checked IE Plugin as the access method (Full browser is unchecked) as the business wants end users to use IE browser.

However, I still see the application thumbnail in access point when opened in Chrome. Doesn't open on click which is good but the requirement is that the application Icon/thumbnail should only be seen in IE and not chrome to encourage end users to only use IE based on app design.

Apart from using section access (can't do for internal reasons), is there any other way to resolve this?

Labels (5)
3 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @siddharth_kulka - There's nothing built into the product itself that would allow the hiding of the thumbnails if not using Internet Explorer. This would require you to build your own solution or customize beyond the out of the box capabilities. 

If this is a requirement for you, it may be worth getting in touch with our Services/Consulting group.

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

You have to modify the "index.htm" on QlikView Web Server (c:\Program Files\QlikView\Web\index.htm) in a way to get only in IE the Accespoint and all other browsers will show a message like this:

cwolf_0-1598617854802.png

Do following steps:

1. Make a copy of "index.htm" as backup.
2. Open "index.htm" in an editor.
3. Move the content of the body section (all lines between <body> and </body>) to a new file "bodyAccesPoint.htm"
4. Create a new file "bodyBrowserNotSupported.htm" with content:

<h1>QlikView AccessPoint</h1>
	<h3>***</h3>
	<h2>This browser is not supported!</h1>
	<h3>***</h3>
	<h2>Please use the Microsoft Internet Explorer.</h2>

5. Add to the head section the following lines:

<script>
	    $(function(){
	    	var ua = window.navigator.userAgent;
	    	// Check for Trident engine which is only used by IE
	    	if(ua.indexOf("Trident")>0)
	      	$("#DynamicBodyContent").load("bodyAccesPoint.htm");
	      else
	      	$("#DynamicBodyContent").load("bodyBrowserNotSupported.htm");
	    });
    </script>

6. Put in the body section the line:

<div id="DynamicBodyContent"></div>

Now your "index.htm" should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
	<head>
  	<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

<title>QlikView - AccessPoint</title>
		<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/QvAjaxZfc/htc/Images/favicon.ico" />
		<link rel="stylesheet" href="global.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
		<link rel="stylesheet" href="custom.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
		<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script>
	    $(function(){
	    	var ua = window.navigator.userAgent;
	    	// Check for Trident engine which is only used by IE
	    	if(ua.indexOf("Trident")>0)
	      	$("#DynamicBodyContent").load("bodyAccesPoint.htm");
	      else
	      	$("#DynamicBodyContent").load("bodyBrowserNotSupported.htm");
	    });
    </script>
	</head>
	<body>
		<div id="DynamicBodyContent"></div>
	</body>
</html>

The attached zip contains all files for QV Web Server v12.50IR.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@cwolf solution will definitely work, and that is what I was going to explain, but he went all the way with things, just keep in mind doing the page mods nullifies support on the modified pages, so before submitting any future cases to support, you will need to test things using the original pages to be sure you can still replicate the issue etc., just wanted to point that out, as that will be the response from support if you have not done so already.

If things did work, please be sure to return to the thread and use the Accept as Solution button on the post to mark it giving them credit for the help.  Otherwise I agree with Sonja, I am not aware of a means to prevent the thumbnails otherwise, and the only other thing you could do is submit an IDEA on this using the following link:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.