Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renovero
Creator
Creator

How to assign Document CAL licence to server

Hello,
I have just purchase 10 licences of Document CAL’s. 

I have received a Licence Key and a Control Number.
We have already 135 assign Document CAL, but we have used all of them, and because of, we had bought more.
And the question is, how can I add them?

Am I supposed to delete serial number from this cell and paste delivered new one and control number, and then click "Apply Licence" or what ? I'm scared of deleting my licence that way.
In this forum, I didn't find any topic about adding licence of Document's CAL's.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Usually you purchase not just 10 Document CALs but 10 Document CALS--on-top-of-the-ones-you-already-have.

You can check this very easily: the new serial number should be the same as the one present in the QMC field you came to cross out.

If that is not the case, you may have a problem with your order and the new license may have fewer licenses thatn the currently activre one. YOU CANNOT MERGE TWO LICENSES INTO ONE. Only Qlik can do that, so do not install the new license.

Contact your Qlik account manager or partner and ask for a LEF for the new license. A LEF contains all license details you see in QMC in the text field underneath the "Serial number" and "Control" fields. Check the line that contains a key called "NUMBER_OF_DOCUMENTCALS". It should have a value of 144. If that is the case, enter the new Serial number and Control in the corresponding fields and click the "Apply license" button.

If the Serials are identical, then enter the Control number in the dedicated field, and click the "Update License from Server" button. The QMC will fetch the new allowance from the LEF servers, which will include a new total count of Document CALs.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Usually you purchase not just 10 Document CALs but 10 Document CALS--on-top-of-the-ones-you-already-have.

You can check this very easily: the new serial number should be the same as the one present in the QMC field you came to cross out.

If that is not the case, you may have a problem with your order and the new license may have fewer licenses thatn the currently activre one. YOU CANNOT MERGE TWO LICENSES INTO ONE. Only Qlik can do that, so do not install the new license.

Contact your Qlik account manager or partner and ask for a LEF for the new license. A LEF contains all license details you see in QMC in the text field underneath the "Serial number" and "Control" fields. Check the line that contains a key called "NUMBER_OF_DOCUMENTCALS". It should have a value of 144. If that is the case, enter the new Serial number and Control in the corresponding fields and click the "Apply license" button.

If the Serials are identical, then enter the Control number in the dedicated field, and click the "Update License from Server" button. The QMC will fetch the new allowance from the LEF servers, which will include a new total count of Document CALs.

Best,

Peter

PrashantSangle

connect with support team.

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
renovero
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Peter, in fact the serial numbers are the same, so i will paste only control number.

I will let You know after that I hope all will be OK. Take care.

renovero
Creator
Creator
Author

Everything works well!
The update was quick and problem-free.
Thank you.