Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to reload on one QlikView server, and distribute on another server

Hi,

In my company we have several QV servers, in Europe and in the US, and we have a use case where we would like to:

- reload a document using European QV server - because the data is in Europe

- copy the document to the US QV server - because the report needs to be accessed from the US

- distribute this document with the US QV server

in an automated way, ideally visible as one scheduled task from the European QV Management console.

So that users can also manually trigger it.

Note that the european server does not have a publisher license, but the US server has it.

I see currently 2 options to achieve this, can you tell me what would be the best option, or propose other ideas:

1. write a small C# tool using the QlikView Management API of both servers

cons: needs a windows machine to manually trigger it

2. no C# development, just use existing management console trigger mechanism:

a. add at the end of the load script a line to copy the reloaded qvw file to the US server

b. schedule distribution on the US server every 5 minute AND on successful event from another task? -> but which task to use? Database command task which would check the last reload of the document, and return "success" if last reload > last distribution, otherwise "error"?

Please advise

Thank you

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for you reply,

actually only the US server has publisher

Not applicable
Author

Thanks

I think what you suggest is better, as we don't rely on a database server anymore.

I've already implemented my solution using database logging and it's working as it should,

but we might actually switch to your option in the future to have something more robust.