Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quentinlvg
Contributor
Contributor

Implementing SSO with IIS on QlikView April 2019

Hi all, 

I'm trying to implement Single Sign-On solution on our Windows Server 2016. We use QlikView Server 12.4 April 2019 and IIS 10.0. Users are coming from an Active Directory set in DSC.

I'm a bit confused because I didn't find any complete step by step configuration that was working. 

I can't set client authentication to "Allow anonymous" in QMC because of our licence (Message "Selected Authentication is denied by license." is displayed). Is it a mandatory configuration to implement SSO? If yes, what do I have to ask to upgrade my licence to my reseller/account manager?

Do you have any complete documentation to suggest me on SSO? 

Steps I've followed : QlikView and QvAjaxZfc are set with Anonymous Authentication, Authenticate.aspx is set with Windows Authentication. Application pools idendity is same account than QV services and in DOMAIN\User format.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

When configuring SSO in IIS, generally, all QlikView related pages must be set to Anonymous access only, including the Authenticate.aspx page, and you would use the Header Authentication option in the QVWS resource Authentication tab settings and pass in a header with the ID collected from the SSO site etc.  The other option is to use Web Tickets.  Here is an article with a PDF attached that may be of some further use.  Generally configuring an SSO setup is best handled by engaging a partner with prior experience or our consulting services team.

Customized Authentication in QlikView 

Here is another one I found too:

QlikView Authentication 

Hopefully these will help, if you do have license restrictions, you will need to get up with your account team to address getting those changed to fit your use case.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

When configuring SSO in IIS, generally, all QlikView related pages must be set to Anonymous access only, including the Authenticate.aspx page, and you would use the Header Authentication option in the QVWS resource Authentication tab settings and pass in a header with the ID collected from the SSO site etc.  The other option is to use Web Tickets.  Here is an article with a PDF attached that may be of some further use.  Generally configuring an SSO setup is best handled by engaging a partner with prior experience or our consulting services team.

Customized Authentication in QlikView 

Here is another one I found too:

QlikView Authentication 

Hopefully these will help, if you do have license restrictions, you will need to get up with your account team to address getting those changed to fit your use case.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Senor_Dai
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

HI, Im also looking to implement SSO with Qlikview.... Ive integrated Auth0 with QlikSense and would like to do the same for our QlikView deployment... Is this possible

Many thanks for any advice/guidance

Dai